403 East 8th St., Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: (360) 417-5000
Parking available behind building
CCGS Research Center is a FamilySearch Affiliate!
Use our computers to access FamilySearch.org. You will have increased access to records previously only available at a Family History Center. Come in and see what you can find!
Library & Computer Research Room
Our Research Center Library is open to the public.
Our Computer Research Room is open to members and the public. The computer stations are spaced 6 feet apart for your safety and privacy. Donations are welcomed to defray the cost of databases and for any copies made. Subscription databases available are: AmericanAncestors, Ancestry World Edition, Fold 3, Find My Past, Genealogy Bank, and News Bank.
Building Use Policy
CLALLAM COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY POLICY
FOR BUILDING USE BY ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS
The Clallam County Genealogical Society of Port Angeles may make its building available for use by its individual members for:
- Educational, cultural, civic, or charitable purposes
- To support the community's interests and needs
- To expand the benefits of membership in the Society
- Which do not jeopardize the Section 501 (3)(c) tax status of the Society
- And are in accordance with the following guidlines:
1. The use of the building or grounds shall be at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the Society.
2. The Society will not charge for the use of the building or grounds. A donation is welcome.
3. No money derived from the activity may accrue to the Society’s finances.
4. Any publicity of the event shall not state or imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval by the Society.
5. A reservation by a member in good standing has been made in writing at least 1 month prior to the expected use.
6. The member shall provide all reasonable information concerning the intended use.
7. The member will be present in the building s long as it is in use.
8. The member will provide his or her own AV equipment.
9. The member will restrict guest access to the library and research areas unless leading a guided tour.
10. The member agrees to leave the meeting rooms(s), kitchen, lavatories and grounds as clean and in order as found with all paraphernalia and garbage taken away.
11. The member agrees to reimburse the Society for any damage to the building, fixtures and furnishings in a timely fashion. Third party vendors must provide written evidence of liability insurance.
12. Pandemic limitations for social distancing and masks will be followed as public health guidance currently recommends or requires.
13. Alcohol, smoking, illegal drugs and firearms are prohibited.
Who's Your Granny?
Interested in searching for your family roots?
We are here to help! Contact us regarding beginner classes held monthly
Need help with a genealogy project?
Our Research Center is staffed by volunteers who can help you.
For a donation, our researchers will do your project for you! Your first consultation is free!
Call the Research Center to make an appointment with one of our researchers.
Looking for info on Clallam County Records?
We have; Pioneer Files (here before statehood in 1889), Early Families (here before 1900),
Native American Census records, School Census Records, Early Vital Records, Probate Abstracts,
Cemetery information, Obituaries, School Annuals, Local City Directories, Old phone books and many published local histories.
Go to Local Records to view and print indexes.
Click on our PayPal link on the left column and our donations link will appear in small blue letters directly under the upper case PAYPAL or click on DONATE to go DIRECTLY. Use the drop down box to choose operating fund or chose a project of your interest. Every gift goes to keeping our Research Center operational and providing access to resources for family history researchers and educational programs. Our staff is all volunteer.